Needs / Issues
- Drupal 7.x installer loops indefinitely.
- Drupal Developer;
- Drupal Administrator.
- Configured root directory (web server can serve pages);
- Configured database connection.
In website's root:
- Web server user needs read/write/execute on settings directory:
chmod u+rwx WEBSITE_ROOT_DIR/sites/default
Assuming the web server user owns the root directory.
- Default settings files needs to exist and be readable by web server user:
chmod u+r WEBSITE_ROOT_DIR/sites/default/default.settings.php
If default.settings.php is not found, you need to get it from a standard Drupal package.
In your web browser:
- Try to browse to your website;
- You should be able to carry on the installation and site configuration.
Back in website's root:
- Remove the write access on settings directory:
chmod u-w WEBSITE_ROOT_DIR/sites/default
If your issue is still not solved, you can try the Drupal Documentation, or just send me a message.